MEDIPOST has focused on the stem cell R&D since its foundation in 2000. The company has developed the world’s first allogeneic stem cell drug of CARTISTEM® and launched in the market in Korea in 2012. The clinical pipeline includes PNUEMOSTEM® for treatment of broncho pulmonary dysplasia and NEUROSTEM® for Alzheimer disease. The stem cell drug of MEDIPOST is based on the mesenchymal stem cell derived from human umbilical cord blood. MEDIPOST operates CellTree®, the largest cord blood bank in Korea, where more than 230,000 units of umbilical cord blood are stored for use in transplantation for medical purposes. MEDIPOST leads global R&D in the field of regenerative medicine.
Regenerative medicine is a new approach to the treatment of degenerative diseases, where cells and tissues in the body lose physiological functions by aging, disease or trauma, by power of stem cell. MEDIPOST fully dedicates to the regenerative medicine to overcome the current limitations of the treatment paradigm for incurable diseases and find new and innovative therapeutic solutions to meet the unmet medical needs.
MEDIPOST is proud of its continuing R&D activities in the field of regenerative medicine:
Patents registered worldwide : 7676%
R&D grants assigned by Korean government : 3333%
Scientists in house at the R&D center : 10447%
- Clinical trial of PNEUMOSTEM® and NEUROSTEM® initiated in Korea
- Clinical trial for CARTISTEM® initiated in Korea
- GMP facility for stem cell drug manufacturing started opration
- The company becomes public by listing in KOSDAQ
- MEDIPOST Life Science R&D center started operation or stem cell research
- CellTree® a cord blood banking services started operation
- MEDIPOST was founded
- CARTISTEM®, the world’s first allogeneic stem cell drug, approved and launched in Korea
- Initiation of clinical of CARTISTEM® and PNEUMOSTEM® in the US
- New headquarter office of MEDIPOST open in Pangyo Technovalley in Gyeonggi-do
- Awarded a ‘New Excellent Technology Certificate’ for stem cell conditioned media for cosmetics by Korean government.
- NGF37, a skincare brand of MEDIPOST, launched in the market
- Total 8,000 cases of CARTISTEM® treatment after launch in 2012
- Phase 1/2a clinical trial of CARTISTEM® completed in the US
9605 Medical Center drive, Suite 109 Rockville, MD 20850, U.S.A.
Shandong ORLIFE Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd
2957 Beitianmen Street, High tech Zone, Taian, Sandong Province, China
4-7-4, Shirokanedai, Minato-ku, Tokyo, Japan